Olympus DS-2600 Dictation Recorder
Entry-level dictation features in a professional quality device
Traditional style dictation with the advantages of digital technology
Give efficiency a lift in your workplace with the attractively styled, robust bodied Olympus DS-2600 digital dictation device. Ideal for all busy independent professionals, this powerful tool lets dictations and notes be taken both at the desk and on the go to ensure maximum utilisation of precious time to fully exploit productivity potentials.
- Stereo microphone capability
- Easy-to-read colour display
- Intuitive slide control operation
- Includes Olympus DSSPlayer Standard Software
The Olympus DS-2600 Dictation Recorder has been designed with a small practice in mind.
- Dual microphone technology settings for different recording environments
- Built-in studio-quality pop-filter for reduces wind and breath noise
- Motion sensor and voice activation technology
Olympus makes dictation simple with the DS-2600, providing an easy to navigate user interface and dual-directional stereo recording for public and crowded spaces, ideal for professionals and individuals who get things done.
With advanced features including a superior noise-cancelling system, 4-position slide switch, and three different recording formats, the DS-2600 will increase dictation management efficiency. Equipped with dual microphones to control the directionality, designed for superior conference recording. A triple layer studio quality filter ensures accurate voice capture while reducing unwanted sounds such as breath and wind vibrations. This ensures superior accuracy for high-quality recordings, enhancing software transcription ability.
Built with an intuitive design and equipped with a 4-position slide switch, the DS-2600 is designed to be productive and dependable, for individuals working in any environment. Complete with a wide range of editing options for easy text creation to quickly modify your files, the DS-2600 will make turning recordings into notes as effortless as possible.
Stay intuitive with the 4-position slide switch
The slide switch enables easy and intuitive operation, allowing you to focus your thoughts on your dictation. Start, stop and edit your dictations easily via the robust slide switch without even looking at the device. This way, dictation is not only possible while sitting, but also on the move.
Save time: A whole range of editing options for easy text creation
There is more to creating texts by speaking than just recording. The digital speech standard (DSS) allows for fast file editing (insert, overwrite, append, erase/cut).
High-Quality Low-Noise Microphone
The new DS series incorporates low noise omni-directional microphones and a shock absorber covers the microphone unit to minimize touch noises from your hand.
New! Including directional stereo recording
During meetings, many people often talk in confusion and from different directions. No one is in a position to take notes so quickly and structured. The DS-2600 is especially suitable for capturing all your conferences. You can record your meetings with ease, but still in outstanding quality.
Easy dictation management with DSS Player Standard
The DS-2600 comes with the DSS Player Standard (Mac & PC). This user-friendly software gives a complete overview of all your dictations to get your dictations managed easily. It also automatically imports your dictations from the voice recorder to your computer.
- Dual-directional microphones for stereo recording capability
- Triple-layer sound studio pop filter blocks breath and wind vibrations
- Certified up to 1.5-meter shockproof body
- Precise 4-position slide switch (REC / STOP / PLAY / REW)
- Full Color 2.4 inch TFT LCD
- Rechargeable Li-ion-battery (1350mAh)
- Storage media: 2GB Internal, up to 32GB (External)
- DSS Pro / WAV / MP3
Advanced Recording Features
- Motion sensor detects movement of the unit to automatically wake the device from sleep
- Voice-activated recording (VCVA)
- Microphone sensitivity: 3 Levels (High/Middle/Low)(Conference Mode = Auto)
- Insert, Overwrite, Append, Partially erase: Only with DSS Pro & DSS (Overwrite & Append: also WAV)
- Index Marks Per File: 32 (DSS Pro/WAV/MP3), 16 (DSS)
- Level meter, VCVA indicator
- Speed: Slow/Normal/Fast
- Volume level: Adjustable from 0 to 30
- Cue / Review
- Dimensions: 4.75 in (H) x 1.96 in (W) x .73 in (D) Weight: 3.1 oz (including battery)
- Languages: English, German, Czech, Spanish, French, Danish, Dutch, Polish, Russian, Swedish, Italian
- Operating systems: Microsoft Windows ( 7, 8.1, 10) | Mac OS X (10.10-10.13)
- Recommended operating condition: 0-42°C / 32-107.6°F
- Micro USB 2.0 composite / storage class
- Charging via AC adapter or USB
- Speaker (integrated): Built-in .43 x .59 in square dynamic speaker, 320mW (8Ω speaker)
- Headphone/microphone jacks: Ø3.5mm mini-jack | impedance 2kΩ,
- Ear Jack Ø3.5mm mini-jack | impedance 8Ω or more
Packaging Content Box
- Quick User Guide
- LI-92B Lithium-ion rechargeable battery
- KP-30 Micro USB Cable
- CS-151 Carrying Case
- DSS Player Standard R2 Dictation Module License ID
- LI-92B Li-ion battery
- CR-21 Docking Station (for USB download only)
- A-517 AC Adaptor
- Olympus AS-2400 PC Transcription kit